Bringing the Benefits of Addressable Technology to Notification Systems
Addressable technology revolutionized fire detection systems in the 1990s. Now SimplexGrinnell and Tyco are bringing the benefits of addressable technology to the systems that warn building occupants of a fire or other emergencies. This webinar addresses how Simplex TrueAlert ES – our new addressable family of smart notification appliances – provides better protection, more design flexibility, maximum ease of use and lower operating costs. Whether you’re a building owner, facility manager, engineer, installing contractor, AHJ or other fire and life-safety professional, TrueAlertES addressable notification can provide significant benefits.
What you’ll learn:
- How TrueAlert ES technology can greatly reduce overall installation costs, the number of required power supplies, and the size of cable and conduit.
- How TrueAlert ES technology greatly increases the length of Class A circuits, thereby reducing project costs.
- How the candela settings of notification appliances can be set and changed remotely and documented in a printed report.
- How the testing of a single notification appliance at a time can help make testing less disruptive to building occupants.
- How a remote, unobtrusive and NFPA 72-compliant test can be initiated from a Simplex fire alarm control panel.
Webinar presented by:
Jeff Brooks, Senior Product Manager for Tyco Fire Protection Products, has over 40 years of experience in fire detection with SimplexGrinnell and Tyco. Jeff is NICET Level 3 certified in the field of fire detection. He also serves on several industry boards as well as being a Technical Committee member to NFPA 72 and NFPA 720.
Paul Vautour, Senior Product Marketing Manager for SimplexGrinnell, has worked in the field of life safety and fire protection for over 40 years. Paul currently sits on NFPA Technical Committees for Building Service and Fire Protection and for Mercantile and Business Occupancies.